Embedded software development teams are under increasing pressure to meet shorter deadlines, cost pressures, and demands for greater functionality. The challenge is to manage this increasing complexity while maintaining the high quality standards required of embedded systems. The Embedded Systems Solution provides many features, modules, tools, and scripts which make it easy to specify, enforce, and refactor the architecture and dependencies of your embedded systems.
- Map the architecture to the actual code, creating an accurate system blueprint and understanding for the entire development and QA team.
- Find, fix, and prevent bad dependencies utilizing powerful DSM algorithms and tools, to improve system quality and maintainability
- Extract, specify, and enforce component APIs to achieve compliance with corporate and regulatory standards
- Conduct impact analysis before and after refactoring to assess risk and prioritze testing
- Measure, track, and report on changes using Lattix Web, which automatically updates with trends of key metrics, dependencies, and violations of rules that enforce the intended architecture
The Embedded System Solution Profile Lattix provides a number of modules which can extract elements and dependencies from UML models and C/C++ or Java codebases to automatically create or update a Lattix project. The Embedded System Solution Profile also includes:
- the Lattix LDI Module for importing dependency data from other sources into Lattix using XML, especially data that cannot be extracted by static analysis
- tools such as the Java Native Interface (JNI) Analyzer, which establishes the dependencies from Java to C/C++
- support for scripts, such as scripts to manipulate the project structure and perform custom tagging
- measure, track, and report on changes in your system using Lattix Web, which automatically updates with trends of key metrics, dependencies, and violations of rules that you set to enforce the intended architecture of the system.
We also provide services to generate the necessary scripts for extracting and loading other data into Lattix, such as requirements and tests.